What to bring + More details
Workshop - Mt Hotham, Victoria.
Date & Times - August 2-4th, 2018. The workshop officially starts with a night of camping on the 2nd and finishes after an insane sunrise shoot on the 4th.
Location - Polblue Campground, Barrington Tops National Park. Located at the top of ranges in Barrington Tops. You do need to work out your own park/camping pass for the nights. Click on the link of Polblue Campground and follow the directions.
We will be doing little trips out of the camp ground for our sunrise and sunset shoots and we will carpool together.
Who's involved - The speakers for the workshop consist of Joel from Barefoot & Bearded, Aaron Shum, & ???? We are super stoked to have some epic sponsors on board as well, and huge thanks to Cooper from Wilderness Chef for catering the night of the 3rd & Nathan Kaso for coming along to document the whole workshop.
What is supplied - The legends at Nomadic Belle are providing some wicked cool glamping tents and mattresses, but you guys must bring your own bedding/sleeping bag and pillow. The Wilderness chef is catering for only one night, so you must provide your own food for the night of the 2nd, breakfast and lunch of the 3rd, and breakfast on the 4th. Be aware to bring your own burners and cooking utensils, there are BBQ facilities to use as well.
There will also be a few goodies supplied by our sponsors!
Contact - Any problems or concerns send us an email at email@example.com OR call Joel (0417780013) or Aaron (0402067167).
What to bring
We will be in the ranges on the boarder of Winter, so take notice it will be cold! Here is a broad list of things that may be wise to pack.
1. Clothing for cold temperatures such as:
- Obvious ones like shirts, pants, jumpers, jackets etc
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Raincoat and other wet weather gear
- Appropriate shoes for walking and hiking
- Gloves, scarves, beanies
- Thermals (Merino is recommended)
- Spare socks
- Spare clothing for bad weather conditions
2. Personal toiletries and medications such as:
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Smell goods (DEO for the BO)
- We are unable to provide you with any sort of medications, so please bring your own!
3. Comforts such as:
- Headlamp or torch
- Water bottle
- Energy snacks, fruit, food, cooking utilities and utensils etc
- Small comfortable backpack suitable for hiking
4. Camera Gear such as:
- Camera body and lens
- Extra batteries with chargers
- Laptop with editing software and storage for photos
- Notepad and pen to take notes
Safety & more details
Safety in our workshop is paramount! We will be visiting locations that can be rough terrain and require caution. Here are a few more details.
1. Catering/food details
- The Wilderness chef is catering for only one night, so you must provide your own food for the night of the 2nd, breakfast and lunch of the 3rd, and breakfast on the 4th. Be aware to bring your own burners and cooking utensils, there are BBQ facilities to use as well. All dietary requirements can be met, please notify Cooper prior if you have an serious allergies or requirements.
- Be aware of your surroundings including loose rock.
- In areas where risk is higher we may split the group to ensure everyones safety
- Be aware of others in terms of their health and let us know if you are uneasy or notice someone else is struggling
- Communication is key!!!
3. If you're being a prick
-If we feel that your behaviour is making others uncomfortable, in risk of danger or just in general affecting the vibe, we will issue you ONE warning. If your behaviour is not adjusted accordingly, you will be asked to leave the workshop.
NO REFUND will be given.
- We also ask you are patient and respectful of everyone in the workshop. We are lucky enough to have many different skill levels of photographers, so some things you may know, but please be patient and spread the knowledge around. We are in this together!
- Smoking and alchohol is allowed, but be mindful of others in the camp.
4. Brush Ski Lodge
- We will be issuing a safety briefing upon arrival and first camp fire on the 2nd. ATTENTION IS COMPULSORY!
- Most locations we will visit to shoot will be close to the campground, but a form of transportation is needed. We can organise group car pooling on the days we drive.
- We ask you respect Barrington Tops majestic landscape and not litter and take your rubbish with you. Absorb everything and leave nothing but footprints!!!